Meet the Brunchnista : Shana Renee
Shana Renee Stephenson is a Sports Culture Analyst. She merges her knowledge of sports and pop culture to curate her award-winning blog All Sports Everything, a New York-centric sports blog with a range of lifestyle, news, and other sports-relevant content. Over the past few years, Shana has emerged as a prominent voice of the unheard female perspective as it pertains to sports. She solidified her place as an authority in a male-dominated world. Shana Renee is also the co-founder of THE MAJORS, a movement celebrating young-ish influencers of color, sports business’ unsung architects of dope.
As a sports fan, whose Sundays revolve around whatever major sport is in season, I was curious to find out how this sports-minded woman brunches. I recently caught up with the Shana to find out how she brunches! Here are my ten quick-fire questions and here's what the Harlem blogger and sports enthusiast had to say about her brunch behavior!
- Favorite brunch spot? This is tough. I became vegan in April and the transition has unfortunately cramped my brunch style. If you have any recommendations, hit a sista up! But in my pre-vegan days, BLVD Bistro in Harlem was a favorite because everything is so deliciously rich, flavorful, and filling.
- Coffee or Tea? Tea. Always tea. Peppermint and honey to be exact.
- Mimosa or Bellini? Neither. Cranberry juice and bubbly please.
- When I’m not being a Brunchnista , You can find me? You can find me...thinking, reading, writing, watching, talking, debating, and/or arguing about sports. #ballislife
- When I brunch at home, my go to meal is? Vegan blueberry pancakes, roasted potatoes and peppermint tea with honey
- Favorite brunch squad! My Spelman besties Nneka and Sharlee. When the three of us unite for brunch, that usually means a beach is steps away!
- One brunch item you hate? Bloody Marys
- Most played song on your iTunes? Currently, my mood swings from Daniel Caesars "Blessed" to A$AP Ferg's "Plain Jane" on the daily.
- If you could have brunch with any woman, who would it be and why? Cardi B.! She's so raw and unfiltered. It's the perfect type of energy for memory-making and bottomless bubbly.
- Fav brunch outfit? Black skinny jeans, black and white adidas sambas and a black tee.