Meet the Brunchnista: Renae Bluitt
Renae Bluitt is the founder of Crush Media, a Brooklyn-based beauty PR consultancy. She is also the creator of the award-winning In Her Shoes blog, which is the premier destination for "fly female" entrepreneurs. The blog gives women the chance to get the behind the scenes scoop on what it takes to become a successful brand in the 21st century, by sharing a collection of entrepreneurial journeys. Renae has always been intrigued by the intimate moments of entrepreneurship, the aha moments, and the challenges that ultimately become the success. This curiosity led her to her newest venture, a documentary film titled "She Did That." This film she believes will elevate the conversation surrounding Black women and entrepreneurship.
As a beauty PR expert who spends most of her days between photo shoots, navigating relationships with the press, producing her documentary and maintaining her blog, I was curious to find out how this girl boss brunches when she's not juggling the demands of her career. I recently caught up with the Renae to find out how she brunches! Here are my ten quick-fire questions and here's what the PR maven, film producer, and blogger had to say about her brunch behavior!
- Favorite brunch spot? There are countless dope brunch spots in NYC but to be honest, my fav is super simple and local. Peaches Shrimp and Crab (285 Grand Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11238) is cozy, their staff is cool and friendly, and they are one of the very few restaurants in the city that prepare fried green tomatoes just the way I like them.
- Coffee or Tea? Tea
- Mimosa or Bellini? Mimosa
- When I’m not being a Brunchnista, you can find me? You can find me... Somewhere working with a PR client, producing my documentary (“She Did That.”), writing a blog post, hosting an event, giving my (super affectionate) Toy Poodle a belly rub, or kicking it with friends.
- When I brunch at home, my go to meal is? Scrambled eggs with veggies, bacon, and potatoes.
- Favorite brunch squad! Any friend who loves to eat, sip on a tasty adult beverage, and have a great conversation. For me, brunch is about breaking bread and engaging in *real* conversations about the experiences we’re having.
- One brunch item you hate? Poached eggs
- Most played song on your iTunes? Right now, it’s probably anything by KING. Their voices and melodies are perfect for any occasion.
- If you could have brunch with any woman, who would it be and why? I’ve always been slightly obsessed with Oprah. Brunch with Oprah - preferably at her home so that I can have her all to myself - would be beyond awesome.
- Fav brunch outfit? It’s all about comfort for me, so whatever I wear, the top can’t be form fitting. I need room to eat as much as I want in a top that’s equally fly and forgiving.