Meet the Brunchnista : Genese Jamilah
Genese Jamilah has spent the last several years building the empire we know as "I Don't Do Clubs" the online destination for young Black professionals who are looking for social events beyond the typical nightclub scene.
As the Founder and Editor-In-Chief, of #IDDC -I just had to know what her brunch life was like. I caught up with her to ask ten quickfire questions about her Brunch behavior.
Here's what the New York socialite had to say:
- Favorite brunch spot? Sweet Science - 135 Graham Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee on weekdays, tea on weekends.
- Mimosa or Bellini? Neither, not a fan of champagne.
- When I’m not being a Brunchnista , You can find me? ... Exploring NYC like a tourist.
- When I brunch at home, my go to meal is? Shrimp and grits.
- Favorite brunch squad! Anita and Larissa.
- One brunch item you hate? Mimosas.
- Most played song on your iTunes? Biking by Frank Ocean featuring Jay Z & Tyler, The Creator
- If you could have brunch with any woman, who would it be and why? Tracee Ellis Ross. I love how she’s always so positive but real.
- Fav brunch outfit? Ripped jeans, fitted shirt, bomber jacket, and boots.