Meet the Brunchnista: Gia Peppers
Gia Peppers is a multi-talented entertainment journalist and on-air talent from the capital of the nation, Washington, DC. Since her arrival to The Big Apple, Gia has undoubtedly taken a bite out of the entertainment industry. With ambition and intellect, she has forged a path that solidifies her as one to watch! Gia has worked with some of the countries top media companies such as BET, the NBA, Essence Magazine, Billboard, Complex, and Hot 97. When not hosting or commuting between New York and D.C., she can be found producing news segments, hosting red carpets, or serving as a court-side personality for her favorite basketball team, the Washington Wizards.
As a freelance journalist who spends most of her days in front of the camera, or chasing a deadline, I was curious to find out how this young media phenom brunches. I recently caught up with the Gia to find out how she brunches! Here are my ten quick-fire questions and here's what the on-air personality and digital journalist had to say about her brunch behavior!
- Favorite brunch spot? Masa 14 in 1825 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 and I'll never get over the grits at SOCO-509 Myrtle Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee-- Starbucks ONLY!
- Mimosa or Bellini? Bellini
- When I’m not being a Brunchnista , You can find me? Hosting! Or creating dope content. Basically, in front of the camera or on an Amtrak train to travel to gigs.
- When I brunch at home, my go to meal is? Waffles, scrambled eggs with cheese, and bacon!
- Favorite brunch squad! My family or my NOLA girls in NYC!
- One brunch item you hate? Soggy french toast or soggy pancakes!
- Most played song on your iTunes? "Jealous" - Beyonce
- If you could have brunch with any woman, who would it be and why? Oprah Winfrey, to hear the gems and get an understanding of the type of woman you have to be to have the amount of power she has, without completely losing herself to fame.
- Fav brunch outfit? In the winter, a comfy sweater, a red lip, jeans and booties. In the summer, a bomb Maxi or skirt!